Appears to be discontinued (2016)
- Large Knife Blade
- Small Knife Blade
- Metal Saw w/ File
- Wood Saw
- Fish Scaler
- Cap-Lifter w/ screwdriver
- Can-Opener w/ screwdriver
- Inline Phillips Screwdriver
- Magnifying Glass
- Wood Chisel
- Reamer/Awl w/ sewing eye
- Fine Screwdriver
- Mini Screwdriver eyeglass sized screwdriver
- Multipurpose Hook
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 28mm
- Weight: 148.9g
- Earlier versions contained the original Magnifying Glass. An early version did not have the Plus-Scales (no Pen or Straight-Pin); it was boxed with the name MAXXUM and the US number 54521 and had the crossbow and cross on the tang.
This model was apparently first introduced in 2003 or 2004, maybe exclusively, through the ‘WalMart’ chain. By 2005 they were clearing them out at bargain prices. The knife seemed to be unavailable late 2005 through 2006, but reappeared in 2007 through a few dealers. In 2009 this model was still available, but there were some indications that supply was running out, but this was speculation based on price variations. During 2015 this model was still available and is quite popular with users who prefer to carry a Swiss Army Knife without pliers, perhaps as they also carry a pliers based tool. However the Champion Plus did not appear in the catalogue that was issued in late 2015.
The .R designator of the model number ‘1.6795.R’ indicates they were at one time, or are, a special run. That might explain the good pricing that’s available, although it seems like the run was quite large it could be that this model will disappear again. Note that the base model number 1.6795 is the designator for the ))SwissChamp(( model.
- 1.6795.R Victorinox AN: as described above, appears on some packaging.
- 54525 US Model: as described above.
- 54521 US Model MAXXUM as described above.