Red plastic scales are considered standard, however this model has been manufactured with a large variety of different materials and color variations for the scales. The different materials include Stainless Steel, Alox, Sterling Silver, and others. The metal versions don't include the toothpick or tweezers.
Some of the scale variations available:
Solid Colours: Red, Black, Royal Blue, White\Frost, Charcoal, Forest Green, Purple, Hot Pink, Turquoise, Jade
Translucent Colours: Fire Red, Glacier Blue, Smoke Grey, Watermelon Pink, Plum Ice Purple, Mandarin Orange, Aqua Blue, Lime Green, Lemon Yellow, Everglade Green
Other Materials/Styles: Stainless Steel, Aluminium (Alox), Sterling Silver, Buffalo Horn, Wood, Camouflage, Evogrip (rubber inserts in plastic)
- The Viceroy Interlock is a locking blade version, that uses an interlock between the nail file and and main blade, such that the blade cannot be closed unless the nail file is opened at 90deg. They are available with plain and 100% serrated blade. The Viceroy is also available as an official BSA model.
- Microlight Esquire; also known as the 'Safety' line, these Esquires replace the toothpick with a small white LED in the scale. This variation comes in Red, Black, "Real Tree" Camouflage and "Advantage Timber" Camouflage.
- The Lady Esquire name was used for some more feminine colored models such as Aqua (16.940.92) which came with a matching Aqua colored plastic slip-case.
- The Blue Europa Series Esquire has a yellow 12 star Europe logo, and no keyring.
- Serrated Blade versions of have been produced, but are not as common (see Identifiers section).
- The Titanium has Titanium metal handles and according to the catalog a 100% serrated blade, but there is also a version with only an 80% serrated blade.
- There are several Sterling Silver versions available, some of which have their own names such as the Imperial, and Tuxedo (see Identifiers section).
- The EVO 81, officially Evolution 81, a member the EVO line, has the same tools and the Esquire with the ergonomically shaped scales. This newer design is avialble in several colors (see Identifiers).
- The EVO Grip, introduced in spring 2009, adds black non-slip textured pads to the EVO scales to aid in retention.
- The Wood 01 was a 2009 collaboration with EKA of Sweden who supplied wooden scales, and these scales used large brass fittings for mounting that also replaced the typical rivets used to assemble the knives (the brass fittings appear structural, but could be for decoration). This variation does not include the Toothpick or Tweezers.
- The Lithos and Macao series are luxury scaled versions.
- The Wenger Tactile 813 is a variation of the Esquire, differing only in it's handles. They have a thin matte red neoprene coating.
- 16156 - Microlight Esquire with Advantage Timber Camo Handles
- 16157 - Microlight Esquire with Realtree Camo Handles
- 16440 - Serrated - Serrated Blade, Red scales
- 16640 - Titanium Serrated Esquire - Serrated Blade
- 16660 - Polished Sterling Silver
- 16661 - Sterling - Sterling Silver Brushed Design
- 16662 - Imperial - Sterling Silver Dimpled Design
- 16663 - Tuxedo - Sterling Silver and Black Enamel
- 16664 - Diamond Pattern - Sterling Silver
- 16665 - Striped Pattern - Sterling Silver
- 16666 - Quilted Pattern - Sterling Silver
- 16667 - Hammered Stainless Steel
- 16668 - Brushed Stainless Steel
- 16669 - Polished Stainless Steel
- 16803 - EvoGrip - Red
- 16806 - EvoGrip - Yellow Patagonian Expedition Race
- 16808 - Evo - Watermelon Pink (translucent)
- 16809 - Evo - Pastel Pink
- 16815 - Evo - Blue
- 16816 - Evo - Black
- 16893 - Viceroy Interlock BSA
- 16908 - Evo - Red
- 16925 - Microlight Red
- 16940 - Standard Red Scales
- 16969 - Evo - Fire Red (translucent)
- 16980 - Viceroy Interlock model
- 18349 - Embossed Stainless Steel
- 1.78.03 / 1.078.003.000 Wenger AN: Wood 01
- 1.081.011.822.PER.US Wenger AN: Patagonian Expedition Race
- 1.92.15 Wenger AN: Europa Series, no-keyring
- 1.92.80 Wenger AN: Buffalo Horn Savana Series
- 16.940.92 Wenger AN: Lady Esquire - Aqua
- 220.127.116.113: Tactile 813
- Money Clip - adds a money-clip, alox handles with no toothpick,tweezers,or keyring
- Macao Series - gold plated with lacquered scale inlay
- Lithos Series - gold plated with stone scale inlay
- OptiTool - replaces nail-file with eyeglass/micro-screwdriver
- AirTraveler - replaces pen-blade with eyeglass/micro-screwdriver
- Bottle Mate - replaces scissors with mini-screwdriver/bottle opener
- Crusader - removes scissors
- V.I.P. - same tools, but larger in size
- Classic - Victorinox model with similar tools