The liner-lock models were the second generation of 111mm Victorinox SAKs, introduced in the mid-90s. The original models usually had black Nylon scales. One-handed-opening blades and dual-density scales were later introduced with this range. And of course the current (since 2008) Soldier is part of this later design.
In 2017 Victorinox completely revised their 111mm product line, and ceased production of the earlier generation of slide-lock models. Some slide-lock models were retired, whilst some were converted to be liner-locking. See this table for details on the slide-lock models and conversions to liner-lock.
As part of the 2017 changes some of the original liner-lock models took on the name * of their equivalent slide-lock model. - See below
The tables and links below show the models that were originally liner-locking.
** - See Note 2 below
- All models contain the key-ring
- The optional main blade (O) replaces the regular one (Y).
Hover over the two letter model code to check the model name, or visit the page.
Key: Y:- Feature Included; O:- Optional; N:- See note N; OH:- One-handed; SD:- Screwdriver; CL:- Cap-lifter; WS:- Wire Stripper; L:- Large; S:- Small
|Tools: / Model (Code):||ST||CT||NM||HS||DK||DP||DX||FS||HT||MR||PC||S8||TK||FM||JM||LS||RT|
|Locking Main Blades|
|OH Safety (1)||-||-||-||Y||Y||Y||Y||-||Y||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|CL / SD-L / WS and Reamer||-||Y||Y||-||Y||Y||Y||Y||-||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Can-opener with SD-S||-||Y||Y||-||Y||Y||Y||Y||-||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||-|
|Other Main Layer Tools|
|Belt Cutter (1)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Y||-||-||Y||Y||-||Y|
|Metal saw with file||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Y||-||-||-||-||-||Y||-|
|Window breaker and Saw||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Y|
|Scale Tools and Scales|
|Toothpick and Tweezers||Y||Y||Y||-||-||-||-||Y||-||-||Y||-||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Dual Density Scales||-||-||5||OR||-||RD||RD||5||OR||GY||-||GN||-||-||-||-||-|
Scale Colour Key: GN:-Green; RD:-Red/Black; OR:-Orange; GY:-Grey
The standard liner-lock 111mm Nylon scales were black. The dual-density scales have different colouring.
Since the 2017 changes the standard colour is now red. Other colours could be available in some markets, or as special editions.
- The one-handed safety blade is variously known as the emergency blade, gutting blade, or one-handed belt cutter. It is a different tool from the belt cutter found in the Fireman family (FM, JM, PC), which is different again from the later design for the belt cutter on the Rescue Tool.
- One variation of the Sentinel had a corkscrew, also featuring a one-handed blade and red dual density scales. it was renamed to be an Alpineer in the 2017 changes. The blade only model remains as a Sentinel
- In 2008 the Sentinel Plus was introduced with a Phillips screwdriver, this option was only available with the plain-edged, non-one-handed blade version. It is now retired.
- The original liner-lock Fireman was available with red scales. Other colours, while not standard, could be available in some markets, as promotional items, or as special editions.
- In 2010 the Nomad and the Forester and One Handed Forester versions were introduced with new red/black dual-density scales made of the same material as the 2008 Soldier model. They previously featured only the older standard Nylon scales.