Scout Ranger 55
- Plain Edge Knife Blade - Ranger 55
- One-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade - Ranger 79
- Partially Serrated Knife Blade - Ranger 155
- One-Handed Partially Serrated Knife Blade - Ranger 179
- wood saw
- Cap Lifter
- Can Opener
Back Layer Tools
Black nylon scales, contoured in the Evo style to fit the hand. Deep checkering is molded into the thumb area on both sides. One side carries the Wenger cross logo, along with the Wenger name molded in. The cross logo icon itself is actually a push button, which when depressed releases the liner lock on the knife blade. They are only available in black, except for the World Scout series which feature Purple/Violet scales.
The RangerGrip models have rubber inserts in the handle Evo contours, to allow a soft and reliable grip in all weather conditions. These scales are currently available in Black, Olive Drab, Red, and Yellow, but most models only feature 1 or 2 color options.
- The RangerGrip 179 is available with Olive Drab colored grip scales.
- The RangerGrip 79 is available with Red colored grip scales.
The RangerWood models feature Swiss Walnut wooden scales, with shallow evo contours. These are essentially the 130mm sized version of the EvoWood scales.
Length: 130mm (nominal length)
- Model 55 is available in the 120mm Ranger series and...
The models 55, and 155 were introduced with the initial 130mm Ranger series in 2007 which was known then as the New Ranger Series. These models were originally considered part of the 120mm series knives, but are now classified as 130mm which is closer to their nominal frame size once the handles are places on them, and separates them from the earlier Original Ranger series which are classified as 120mm models.
The RangerGrip series was first released in the spring of 2009, after being shown at the SHOT Show a few months earlier.
The RangerGrip 179 Patagonian Expedition Race Knife was released in the March 2010, to commemorate and support the annual Wenger Patagonian Expedition Race. This knife features special laser engraving on the rubber scale inserts. Other, smaller, models were also released in support of the the race.
In February 2012 Wenger introduced the RangerWood series which brings the Swiss Walnut EvoWood scales to the 130mm Ranger Series.
- 17755 Wenger US: Ranger 55
- 16843 Wenger US: Ranger 55 with AP Blaze scales
- ????? Wenger US: Ranger 79
- ????? Wenger US: Ranger 155
- ????? Wenger US: Ranger 179
- ????? Wenger US: RangerGrip 79 OD Scales
- ????? Wenger US: RangerGrip 179 OD Scales
- 16379 Wenger US: RangerWood 55 - EvoWood handles.
- 16503 Wenger US: Scout Ranger 55
- 19853 Wenger US: Hardwoods 55 with Hardwoods scales & Two-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.055.804 Wenger AN: Model 55 with AP Blaze scales.
- 1.077.055.000 Wenger AN: Ranger 55
- 1.077.092.027 Wenger AN: Scout Ranger 55
- 1.077.079.806 Wenger AN: Model 79 with AP Snow scales & One-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.055.803 Wenger AN: Model 55 with Hardwoods scales & Two-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.179.823 Wenger AN: Model 179 OD Scales
- 1.077.079.821 Wenger AN: Model 79 Red/Black Scales & One-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.079.827 Wenger AN: Model 79 Orange/Black Scales & One-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.155.821 Wenger AN: Model 155 with Red and Black RangerGrip Scales & Two-Handed Serrated Blade.