The Ranger 56 family feature a Phillips screwdriver instead of the corkscrew.
The RangerGrip series was introduced in 2009 and added rubber grip scale options to some popular tool configurations in the 130mm Ranger series.
Scout Ranger 55
- Main Blade
- Plain edged - Ranger 55
- One-handed plain edged - Ranger 79
- Partially serrated - Ranger 155
- One-handed partially serrated - Ranger 179
- Wood saw
- Cap Lifter
- Can Opener
Back Layer Tools
Black nylon scales, contoured in the Evo style to fit the hand. Deep checkering is molded into the thumb area on both sides. One side carries the Wenger cross logo, with 'WENGER' molded into the scales. The cross logo icon is a push button, which, when depressed, releases the liner lock on the knife blade. They are only available in black, except for the World Scout series which feature purple/violet scales.
The RangerGrip models have rubber inserts in the handle Evo contours, to allow a soft and reliable grip in all weather conditions. These scales are currently available in black, olive drab, red, and yellow, most models feature 1 or 2 color options.
- The RangerGrip 179 is available with olive drab colored grip scales.
- The RangerGrip 79 is available with red colored grip scales.
The RangerWood models feature Swiss walnut wooden scales, with shallow evo contours. These are the 130mm sized version of the EvoWood scales.
Model 55 variations
- Word Scout series.
- In February 2012 Wenger introduced the first RangerWood series (or EvoWood) model, the RangerWood 55 which brought Swiss Walnut EvoWood scales to the range
- In 2012 AP Blaze florescent orange anti-camo scales were introduced.
- Regular serrated blade with red and black RangerGrip scales
- The RangerGrip 179 Patagonian Expedition Race Knife was released in the March 2010, to commemorate and support the annual Wenger Patagonian Expedition Race. This knife features a laser engraving of the race logo on the rubber scale inserts. Other, smaller, models were also released in support of the the race.
The models 55, and 155 were introduced with the initial 130mm Ranger series in 2007, which was known at the time as the New Ranger Series. These models were originally considered part of the 120mm series knives, but are now classified as 130mm which is closer to their actual frame size once the full handle length (with key ring) is included. It separated them from the Original Ranger series, which are classified as 120mm models.
The RangerGrip series was first released in the spring of 2009, after being shown at the Shot show a few months earlier.
Length: 130mm (nominal length)
Weight: 160g - Evowood
- 17755 Wenger US: Ranger 55
- 16843 Wenger US: Ranger 55 with AP Blaze scales
- ????? Wenger US: Ranger 79
- ????? Wenger US: Ranger 155
- ????? Wenger US: Ranger 179
- ????? Wenger US: RangerGrip 79 OD Scales
- ????? Wenger US: RangerGrip 179 OD Scales
- 16379 Wenger US: RangerWood 55 - EvoWood handles.
- 16503 Wenger US: Scout Ranger 55
- 19853 Wenger US: Hardwoods 55 with Hardwoods scales & Two-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.055.804 Wenger AN: Model 55 with AP Blaze scales.
- 1.077.055.000 Wenger AN: Ranger 55
- 1.077.092.027 Wenger AN: Scout Ranger 55
- 1.077.079.806 Wenger AN: Model 79 with AP Snow scales & One-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.055.803 Wenger AN: Model 55 with Hardwoods scales & Two-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.155.821.X. Wenger AN: Model 155 Regular serrated blade with red and black RangerGrip scales
- 1.077.179.823 Wenger AN: Model 179 OD Scales
- 1.077.079.821 Wenger AN: Model 79 Red/Black Scales & One-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.079.827 Wenger AN: Model 79 Orange/Black Scales & One-Handed Plain Edge Knife Blade.
- 1.077.155.821 Wenger AN: Model 155 with Red and Black RangerGrip Scales & Two-Handed Serrated Blade.
- Ranger 56 Series - Phillips screwdriver replaces corkscrew