The original version (prior to 2017) of this model was slide-locking - see History.
Name Disambiguation: The 108mm Solo was initially named the Adventurer.
- Large main blade - which is liner-locking
- Cap-lifter - with large screwdriver - liner-locking in the liner lock version
- Can-opener - with a small flat/Phillips screwdriver
The blade in the original version was slide-locking
Back Layer Tools
The awl has a sewing-eye in the original slide-lock version
All variations are of the slide-lock version:
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA) version with the BSA logo screen printed on the scales.
- Boy Scouts of America version with the BSA logo and a serrated blade.
- BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz = German Border Police) version: Has a white German Eagle on olive drab scales and 'BUND' etched onto the blade. This was the official knife of the German Border Police until they adopted the Trailmaster.
From 2017 Victorinox only produced liner-locking 111mm models, however the liner-locking Centurion, which had an equivalent toolset to the Adventurer was removed from the catalogue, and the Adventurer remained, but as a liner-locking model. So, in practice the Centurion was renamed to become the Adventurer, and the original version of the Adventurer was retired!
Prior to 2017 both models had been available for several years.
- Length: 111mm
- Height: 30.5mm (max)
- Width: Liner-lock: 16mm; Slide-lock: 15.5mm
- Weight: Liner-lock: 107g; Slide-lock: 81.9g
- 0.8453: Liner-lock version
- 0.8953: Slide-lock version (US Model Number: 53601)
US Model Numbers:
- 55602: BSA logo; serrated blade
- 1256: Early BSA model number (SABI)
- 1001: Early BSA model number with a serrated blade (SABI)
- Picnicker - Replaces the Phillips with a corkscrew; has a serrated or regular plain main blade
- Rucksack - Adds the wood saw; a corkscrew replaces the Phillips screwdriver
- Alpineer - Removes the opener layer, and the reamer
- Centurion - The original liner-lock version of this knife
Victorinox 111mm slide-lock model comparison – original versions
Victorinox 111mm liner-lock model comparison – original versions
- Tinker - The 91mm version of this knife