Back Layer Tools
Standard red synthetic scales. Some come with a Backpacker image stamped into the scale.
- The Serrated Backpacker version features a 100% serrated main blade.
- The Hardwoods 13 features a plain blade, nail file, corkscrew and camouflage scales. 'WENGER' is embossed on the front scale.
- The Camo 08 was the precursor of the Hardwoods 13 model, and features a different pattern camouflage scales. 'WENGER' is not embossed on the front scale.
- The model 1.13.03 and the later Classic 13 both feature standard red scales, plain blade, nail-file and corkscrew.
- The Basic 08 is part of an economic line of knives, sold at a cheaper price, and usually features the Wenger shield printed (not inlaid) on the front scale. This model also features standard red scales, plain blade, nail-file, corkscrew and excludes the toothpick and tweezers.
- Length: 85mm
- 1.13.03: Regular Backpacker - Plain blade, nail-file and a corkscrew (16911)
- 1.013.009.000: Listed as Classis 13 - Plain blade, nail file and a corkscrew
- 1.13.09.803: Hardwoods 13
- 1.08.01.802: Camo 08
- 1.08.01: Listed as Basic 08 - Plain blade, nail file, corkscrew, no tweezers or toothpick
US Model Numbers: (In brackets above)
- 16444: Serrated Backpacker - Serrated blade, and a Phillips Screwdriver
- Alpine Backpacker - Similar knife with a locking blade
- Backpacker II - A corkscrew replaces the Phillips screwdriver
- Cascade - Same as Backpacker II with a locking blade
- Deluxe Backpacker - Adds a magnifying glass
- Highlander - Removes the wood saw; Phillips screwdriver
- Commander - Removes the wood saw; corkscrew
- SwissBuck Trekker - Same tools, with SwissBuck handles; includes corkscrew