The Wenger Entree and the EVO 63 Swiss Army Knives are some of the most minimal models of the Wenger 85mm family, having only a single layer of tools. This tool configuration was originally known as the Entree and the Basic 63 (without toothpick or tweezers), and later as the Classic 63 (regular scaled version), and the the Evolution 63 (Evolution scaled version).
- Large blade
- Combo Tool - which functions as a bottle opener/cap-lifter, can opener, and patented locking screwdriver
Back Layer Tools
Standard scales in plain red or red and black Evolution styles.
- Some models include a keyring.
- An early version (may have had a different name) includes the regular cap-lifter, rather than the combo-tool, and does not include the toothpick or tweezers.
- The Evolution 63 Blackout SoftTouch version features black PVD coated tools, liners, and springs, with black SoftTouch scales. This model was developed for the Australian market, but was also sold in Europe.
- The EvoGrip 63 Blackout version features black PVD coated tools, liners, springs, and keyring, with 2nd generation black EvoGrip scales. This model also features black toothpick and tweezers. Released in North America in February 2012.
- The Basic 63 is part of an economy line of models, sold at a cheaper price, and usually featuring the Wenger shield printed (not inlaid) on the front scale and omitting both the toothpick and tweezers. This model could have also been referred to as the Basic 05, however, the official use of this name is not confirmed.
- Length: 3.25" - 85mm
- Weight: 1.1 ounces - 32g
- 1.63.41: Standard configuration (Basic 63) - no toothpick or tweezers
- 1.063.049.000: Standard configuration (Classic 63) (16936)
- 1.063.249.828.X: Blackout, 63.X - with toothpick and tweezers (16845)
US Model Numbers: (in brackets above)
- 16966: Evolution scales
- Picnic - No corkscrew, toothpick or tweezers
- Classic 66 - Adds a wood saw
- Standard Series - Single layer models that replace the combo tool, with the nail-file or small-blade.