There is also a Forester OH featuring a one-handed opening main blade, also known as the One-Handed Forester.
As of 2016 the Forester replaced the similar Rucksack model, which was withdrawn.
- Large blade - that is liner-locking
- Cap-lifter - liner-locking
- Wood saw
Back Layer Tools
- Reamer / Awl - No sewing-eye
Neither present in the dual density or wooden scaled versions
Standard black or red scratch resistant nylon scales.
Also available with dual-density red and black grip scales.
From 2017 Victorinox only produced liner-locking 111mm models, and the side-locking Rucksack, which had an equivalent toolset to the Forester was retired. So the Forester effectively replaced the Rucksack (although both models had been available prior to 2017).
At this time they also released the non-OHO Forrester with red nylon handles - previously only black had been available. They withdrew the serrated OH blade model (0.8361.MWC), and released the plain OH blade model (0.8361.MC). A wooden handled Forester was also released.
- In 2010 Victorinox introduced the Forester and One Handed Forester (OHF) with new dual-density injection moulded red and black scales as part of its Grip Series. These scales do not contain the toothpick or tweezer tools and are made of the same material as the 2008 Soldier.
- One Handed Foresters with Walnut (0.83 SE01) and Beli wood (0.83 SE02) handles were introduced in 2012 for the Italian market. They came in a special presentation box.
- In 2017 a wooden handled Forester was introduced (plain non-OH blade)
- In 2017 a plain-edged OHO bladed, dual density scaled Forester was also introduced (replacing the partially serrated blade model).
- Length: 111mm
- Width: 18mm (DD version)
- Weight: 128g (OH DD version), 126.5g (two-handed DD Version)
- 0.8363: Plain edged blade, red Nylon scales (54848)
- 0.8363.3: Plain edged blade, black Nylon scales (54844)
- 0.8361.63: Wooden handled Forester
- 0.8361.MC: One-handed opening, plain-edged blade, red/black scales
- 0.8361.MWC: One-handed opening serrated blade, red/black scales (54849)
Numbers in brackets are US model numbers
- Trailmaster - Has a Phillips driver instead of the corkscrew
- Fireman - Adds an emergency blade (belt-cutter)
- Rucksack - Has the same toolset, but with a slide/side-locking main blade - Withdrawn model