This model has four layers (one double layer, no-liner), which at 111mm amounts to a fairly large knife. It is the smallest 111mm knife to include the scissors tool, and it also contains the less common long inline Phillips screwdriver.
The original version of this model was slide-locking
- Large main blade * with Liner-lock
- Wood saw
- Long inline Phillips screwdriver - #0/#00 - Not present in the original version (- see picture below)
- Cap-lifter with large screwdriver * - liner-locking
- Can-opener with small screwdriver
* In the original version:
The main blade was slide-locking; The screwdriver was not locking
- Corkscrew - Regular configuration
- Phillips screwdriver - Special configuration - See Variations
- Reamer/Awl - Sewing-eye only in the slide-lock version
Red Nylon. is standard.
Black and camouflage scales are also available.
The original version has a grey slide-lock release button on the bottom scale
- The Malaysian Army Knife (broken link) was created in 2009. It featured camouflaged scales, backside Phillips screwdriver and a special Malaysian insignia on the top scale. It is informally known as the ATM - Angkatan Tentera Malaysia - Malaysian Armed Forces. It is estimated between 30,000 and 40,000 units were purchased for the Malaysian military.
- Model 55731 is the civilian version of the Malaysian Army Knife, with camouflage scales, and a Phillips screwdriver instead of the corkscrew.
- The 2017 Damascus model was entitled an Outrider - However it was a three-layer model with no wood saw or corkscrew ! It featured an 'Odin's Eye' pattern Damascus steel main blade and atypical black wood-fibre composite 'Epicurean 'scales. 5,000 knives were made.
The original Outrider model did not contain the long in-line Phillips smaller-headed screwdriver, although this was installed for a few years prior to the conversion to liner-lock. See the photo below and click for a larger view.
The Outrider was one of the original 111mm slide-lock models. However, from 2017 Victorinox only produced liner-locking 111mm models. So the Outrider was converted to be liner-locking in 2017.
- Length: 111mm
- Height: 31mm (maximum)
- Width: Slide-lock:-21mm; Liner-lock:-21.5mm
- Weight: Slide-lock:-132g; Liner-lock:-158g
- 0.8513: Liner-locking; Red Nylon scales, corkscrew
- 0.8513.3: Liner-locking; Black Nylon scales, corkscrew
- 0.8501.J17: Liner-locking; Damascus Limited Edition 2017; Epicurean scales; Some tool changes
- 0.9023: Slide-locking; Red Nylon scales, and corkscrew
- 0.9023.3: Slide-locking; Black Nylon scales, and corkscrew
US Model Numbers:
- 54731: Red Nylon scales; corkscrew
- 55731: Camouflage scales; Phillips screwdriver
- Rucksack - No scissors, or Phillips
- Hercules - Adds pliers
- Outdoor Tool - Exchanges the can-opener for a '93mm' awl; OHO blade; adds mini screwdriver