A 58mm Pocket Pal was made during the 1960s.
The Pocket Pal was retired and replaced by the Excelsior, which adds a keyring to this configuration, in the late 201xs.
Typically red Cellidor scales. Has been available in black, blue, white, green and gray.
A blue version was sold with both the Victorinox logo and a Cub Scout logo on the front scale.
- The cross and shield emblem has been applied as the standard metal inlay, hot stamped, as well as color and non-color screen printed.
- Serrated Pocket Pal: At one point Victorinox produced a small number of Pocket Pals with a serrated main blade. These are extremely rare.
- The Cub Scout version features blue Cellidor scales and a Cub Scout emblem, early versions feature a metal inlay, later versions have a printed emblem.
- Red Alox Pocket Pal: At one time there was a smooth red Alox scaled scaled model - (0.6900.10); a silver version is now called the Secretary.
- 0.6900: Red Cellidor (53281)
- 0.6900.10: Vintage model, smooth red Alox with exposed rivets
US Model Numbers: (in brackets above)
- 55292: Blue Cellidor Cub Scout version