The Ranger 38-36 belongs to 120mm Wenger Ranger series, but have the same blade as in the 130mm Alinghi 177 model. It has laser-engraved pattern related to Alinghi Sailing race team, which first captured the America's Cup victory in 2003.
It is a quite rare model.
- Large Blade - partially serrated, liner locking
- Screwdriver/bottle-opener/wire stripper
- Screwdriver 3.5mm straight edge
Gray Nylon scales.
Ranger 38-38 (126.96.36.199): Adds Phillips screwdriver.
Introduced in the spring of 2011.
Alinghi was the name given to the 2003 Switzerland based racing team and boat set up by Ernesto Bertarelli racing under the colors of the Societe Nautique de Geneve for the America's Cup race. The Alinghi team won the America's Cup challenge in 2003 in Auckland New Zealand. This was the first time a team was successful in their first attempt to challenge for the cup, and marked for the first time in the 152-year history of the challenge that America's Cup was taken to Europe. Alinghi successfully defended its title in 2007 at America's Cup in Valencia, Spain.
Length: 120mm (nominal size; real size 129mm)
Weight: 115.9g (Ranger 38-36)
- 188.8.131.52 Wenger AN: Gray Nylon scales
- 184.108.40.206 Wenger AN: Gray Nylon scales (adds Phillips screwdriver)
- Ranger 38-38 (220.127.116.11) - Adds Phillips screwdriver.
- Alinghi 177 - 130mm, adds pliers, marlinspike/shackle-opener, corkscrew.
- Wenger Ranger Model 38 by Marsax, August 16th, 2014.