Back Layer Tools
The Compact is currently available with either the red or black Cellidor 'plus' scales. Other colors may also be available; often as custom configurations.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 15mm
- Weight: 64.5g
- Early models did not have the nail-file on the hook.
- The VSAKCS 2009 annual club knife version has hardwood scales with laser engraved shield and dedication. The scales do not contain the straight-pin or the ballpoint pen.
The direct ancestor of the modern Compact appears to have been the smaller 84mm Golfer which had the same features except for the hook and 'plus' features such as the pen, pin, and mini screwdriver. An offshoot of this knife, the first to bear the name Golfer, was a knife that included a long nail file on the back that shared the same spring as the scissors. In 1987 the Golfer evolved into a 91mm knife and a pen and mini screwdriver were added. The family tree split in 1991 into two distinct offshoots both of which now sported a multipurpose hook. One model continued to use the name golfer but the combo tool had been changed into a divot repair tool (it has unfortunately gone extinct). The other model was the very first Compact which retained the features of the previous golfer but added the hook and a straight pin. The hook with nail file would develop sometime later.
- 54941 US Model: Red Cellidor
- 54943 US Model: Black Cellidor
- 1.3405 Red Cellidor
- 1.3405.3 Black Cellidor
- Timekeeper - an analogue clock replaces the tweezers in the scale. May not have nail file on hook.
- Trail Guide - adds Metal Saw/File
- Yeoman - adds a magnifying glass and Phillips screwdriver, no nail file on the hook.
- Scientist - replaces the scissors and hook, with a magnifying glass and Phillips screwdriver.
- Golfer - Many variants, some more similar than others.
- DofE Pocket Tool - Phillips screwdriver replaces corkscrew. Has standard scales and rounded main blade.
- Spartan - Same width. No scissors, hook, combo tool, or plus features. Adds small blade, and Reamer; Combo tool replaced with can opener.
- Waiter Plus - removes scissors
- Climber - Similar features, one layer thicker. Combo tool is replaced by small blade, and separate openers; adds reamer. No plus features or nail file on the hook.
- Bantam - smaller 84mm with only one layer that maintains the Combo Tool with Large Blade configuration.