The Vagabond Alox edition was introduced in 2012 as an exclusive for the dealer Swiss Bianco, who commissioned a special run of these knives with copper and silver scales.
- Pen blade
- Emergency blade - small Wharncliff style
- Cut & picker blade - can be used as a peeler / opener
- Nail file with nail cleaner tip - later versions have a screwdriver tip
- Cap-lifter / Combi tool - includes small Phillips screwdriver / wire stripper/bender. Early versions have a flat-tip screwdriver.
- Keyring/Split-ring attachment point
Red and ruby (translucent red) Cellidor - possibly others.
- The L.L. Bean edition was produced in olive green, one of their corporate colors.
- The Vagabond was reintroduced in December 2012 in a limited quantity Alox edition , exclusively for the dealer Swiss Bianco. The knives were produced with copper anodized handles, as well as in the standard silver anodizing. The tools in this version are the same as the regular version, however the tool arrangement differs from the Cellidor version (technically making it a three layer model! - See notes on two-layer page ). It also does not include the toothpick and tweezers in common with Alox scaled knives.
This model (toolset) has had three evolutional changes based around the combination/opener tool.
- Flat screwdriver with no wire stripper notch
- Flat screwdriver with wire stripper notch
- Phillips screwdriver with wire stripper notch with corresponding switch in the nail file from nail cleaner to flat screwdriver tip
The first version was also known as the Mate and became available in 1995. The wirestriper notch was added in 1997, and this could have been when the Vagabond name was first introduced. The Phillips screwdriver was introduced at a later stage.
- Length: 58mm
- Width: 11.7mm
- Weight: 34.9g
- 0.6373 - European Model No.: Manager (Vagabond) - with Phillips
- 54071 - US Model No.: Red scales, combi with flat screwdriver - aka Mate
- 54081 - US Model No.: Manager, combi with Phillips
- 56071 - US Model No.: Vagbond, red scales, combi with Phillips screwdriver
- Mate - No wire-stripper notch, combi tool has flat-screwdriver tip rather than Philips-tip, nail cleaner-tip on nail-file
- Drifter - Removes the cut-and-picker blade, adds a ruler with nail-cleaner or screwdriver tip depending on vintage
- Rambler - Removes the cut-and-picker and emergency blades
- MiniChamp - Adds the cuticle-pusher and ruler tools, replaces toothpick with retractable pen.