They are often made for jewelry and watch supply and repair companies, displaying the company name on the scales. They are usually purchased directly from these companies.
These watch case opener models usually come in various colored Alox scales imprinted with a white Swiss cross and/or company names.
Depending on the scale colours, they were sold as Watchmaker 85 (red), Watchmaker 10 (blue), Watchmaker 20 (black).
Swiss Army Knife manufacturers have been producing this type of model for many decades, so some have older tang stamps.
- Length: 85mm
- Width: 5mm
- Weight: 21.3g
- 1.085.000.000: Red Alox scales, known as the Watchmaker 85
- 1.085.010.000: Blue Alox scales, known as the Watchmaker 10
- 1.085.020.000: Black Alox scales, known as the Watchmaker 20
- 16883 US Model Number
- Watchmaker 60 - Fixed-blade watch case opener
- Patriot - Replaces the case-opener blade with a small pen-blade
- Minathor - A larger model with unique tools, designed specifically for the watch and jewelery industry
- Watch Case Opener - A similar Victorinox model