The Swiss-based Leister Company commissioned Victorinox to produce a custom two-layer 111mm model called the Welding Seam Tester. This model have an unique patented welding seam testing tool.See details below.
- Large knife blade – Liner-Locking, partially serrated with serrations at the tip end
- Weld seam testing tool - Liner-locking, patent pending by Leister with:
- Flat screwdriver - integrated into the tip of the Weld seam testing tool
- Cap Lifter - integrated into the Weld seam testing tool
Knives with dual density scales do not contain the typical toothpick and tweezer tools.
The Grip Series introduced new dual density injection molded scales, that provide a softer textured feel, and better grip, first introduced with the 2008 Soldier model, using Polyamide 6 and TPE-U for the softer material.
These scales are green and black coloured version of the injection molded scales, featuring Leister branding.
The Welding Seam Tester multitool was introduced by the Leister Group in October 2022.
This model is only available to purchase via the Leister Group.
- Length: 111mm
- 0.8401.WC4LEI: Leister Welding Seam Tester (Leister Article # 172.483)
- Dual Pro X - The Emergency serrated OHO Blade instead of the Weld seam testing tool; adds the standard openers layer and reamer/awl, the plain-edged main blade