This model was the sixth member of the Swiss Battle Series, all of which featured a large intricate silver battle scene inlay on the top scale, and a detailed laser engraving on the main blade. The series was released to commemorate the battles and alliances that gave birth to the nation of Switzerland.
- Large knife blade
- Small knife blade
- Fish Scaler / Fish Hook Disgorger / Ruler
- Cap-Lifter / Slotted screwdriver - with wire bender
- Can-opener / Small slotted screwdriver - that also works with Phillips screws
The main blade is etched with Murten 1476 and the crest of the canton of Berne.
The keyring was omitted on all of the Battle Series models.
The tweezers were omitted on all of the Battle Series models to allow the entire scale to be used for the battle inlay.
Black Cellidor scales with a battle scene silver inlay.
Released in 1989 to commemorate the Battle of Murten in 1476, and to honour the canton of Berne. The canton of Berne was at the forefront of the battles against the attacking forces of Charles the Bold of Burgundy. The scene on the top scale inlay shows the Swiss infantry on the left bearing the banners of Schwyz, Berne, and Zurich, and the cavalry of the invading Burgundian forces fleeing on the right. In the background is the town of Murten (Morat), formerly besieged by the Burgundians and partly in flames.
The Swiss Battle Series knives were each limited to a production of 9999 pieces and are individually serialised. Each knife is inscribed 'nnnn yyyy 9999 ' on the liner behind the corkscrew: nnnn represents the individual number of the particular knife and yyyy was the year the knife was issued.
This model came in a black wooden presentation box, which contained a serialised certificate of authenticity, with the serial number matching the liner inscription. There was also a booklet containing a brief description of Battle of Murten and also a history of Victorinox in German, English, and French, however this was only present in the Battle Series Collection presentation case.
- Length: 91mm
Battle Series Models
- Battle of Morgarten - Black inlaid scales, tools similar to the Spartan
- Battle of Laupen - Black inlaid scales, tools similar to the Camper
- Battle of Sempach - Gray inlaid scales, tools similar to the Climber
- Battle of Nafels - Gray inlaid scales, tools similar to the Huntsman
- Battle of St. Jakob - Black inlaid scales, tools similar to the Passenger
- Oath of Rutli - Red inlaid scales, tools similar to the Mechanic
This model and the all the others in the Battle Series were also released in a 1991 collector's set - The Battle Series Collection.
Standard Models: All with standard scales and blade