This is the Knife of the Year series that was available to members of the Secret Order of Swiss Army Knives (SOSAK).
SOSAK was an online community of Swiss Army Knife enthusiasts that collected and discusssed Swiss Army Knives, wrote blogs and also issued one of these knives every year. The community is no longer active, however most of the blogs have been archived to the Swiss Army Knights site. Many of the members are still active in the Swiss Army Knights board at the MultiTool.org forum.
The SOSAK website was www.SOSAKOnline.com
- 2003 - Black Huntsman: Marked with the SOSAK logo and The Secret Order of Swiss Army Knives. This knife was the first of what would eventually become the Knife of the Year series. It doesn't have a year stamp, since at the time it was merely a one-off. This knife originally came in a tin presentation box.
- 2004 - Translucent Sapphire Deluxe Tinker: Marked with the SOSAK logo and 2004 only. This was the only model so far to feature the imprint on the 'back' side of the knife. This knife originally came in a tin presentation box.
- 2005 - Cobalt Blue Hiker Again, marked with only the SOSAK logo and the year, the cobalt blue Hiker had the imprint on the 'front' side of the knife, which allowed the logo and print to be larger than the 2004 Deluxe Tinker. This knife originally came in a tin presentation box.
- 2006 - Black-bladed One-handed Trekker: A radical change from the previous years, the 2006 OHT featured a blackened blade and was printed with only the name Secret Order of Swiss Army Knives 2006 on the front side. This knife also was the only Knife of the Year to be issued without a presentation box.
- 2007 - Wenger EvoGrip 16: This was the first Knife of the Year from Wenger, the EvoGrip 16 also featured the SOSAK logo laser etched into the black rubber grip panels. It came housed in a classy hinged metal, velvet lined presentation box.
- 2008 - Hunter-green Waiter: Marked on the front scale with Secret Order of Swiss Army Knives 2008 in white screen print. This knife originally came in a tin presentation box.
- 2009 - Wenger RangerGrip 78: The second Knife of the Year from Wenger. The NewRanger RangerGrip 78 features the SOSAK logo, and year laser etched into the black rubber grip panels. It came in a hinged silver metal presentation case with a velvet lining.
- 2010 - Wenger EvoWood 18: Features the SOSAK logo and year imprinted on the top scale. At the time the EvoWood series was a new series by Wenger introduced in 2010.
2003 - Huntsman
2004 - Deluxe Tinker
2005 - Hiker
2006 - Trekker
2007 - Evo 16
2008 - Waiter
2009 - RangerGrip 78
2010 - EvoWood 18
Please also note the VSAKCS Anniversary Knife Series