This model also features a standard 1/4" (14mm) bit-driver build-in to the scales, similar to the design used on some larger 130mm models.
The handles (or scales) are made from a titanium metal alloy. The liner-lock on this knife is released by pressing the red Wenger logo button, or by pressing the protruding tab on the actual liner.
Designed to meet the needs of mountain climbers, this model is a member of the Titanium Line designed in partnership with well known Swiss mountaineer Ueli Steck.
- Blade / Hex Wench / Screwdriver Combo Tool - with liner-locking system
- Metal file/Saw - stainless steel
- Cap-lifter / Screwdriver / Wire stripper - auto locking with pressure
- Bit-driver - for standard 1/4"/14mm hex drive bits; Phillips #3, and 6mm straight edge bits are included
The titanium alloy handles featuring a lock-release button and a cut out for the 1/4" bit-driver.
First introduced in 2011 as part of the Titanium Series along with the Titanium 1 and 2 models. The titanium handles or scales offer increased strength, without a significant increase in weight. The models in the Titanium Line are were the first regular production Swiss Army Knives to use titanium.
The packaging included a flexible all weather pouch and DVD. The pouch features a Velcro closure; holds the knife, and up to 3 bits.
This is the first Wenger 85mm model to contain a stainless-steel cut file/metal saw.
- Length: 85mm
- Width: 16.6mm
- Weight: 102g (not including bits)
- 1.092.040.000 (US Model Number: 16996)
- Titanium 1 - Removes the metal file/saw and opener layer
- Titanium 2 - Replaces metal file/saw with a woodsaw and removes the opener layer