This model also features a standard bit-driver build-in to the scales, similar to the design used on some larger 130mm models.
The handles (or scales) are made from a titanium metal alloy.
Designed to meet the needs of mountain climbers, this model is a member of the Titanium Line designed in partnership with well known Swiss mountaineer Ueli Steck.
An instruction and information leaflet and a DVD was provided with this model. The leaflet can be downloaded here.
- Blade / Hex wrench / Screwdriver combination Tool - with a liner-locking system
- Metal file / Saw - stainless steel
- Cap-lifter / Screwdriver / Wire-stripper - auto locking with pressure
- Bit-driver - for standard ¼" / 14mm hex drive bits; a Phillips #3 and a 6mm straight edge bits are included
The titanium alloy handles featuring a lock-release button and a cut out for the bit-driver.
The liner-lock on this knife is released by pressing the red Wenger logo button, or by pressing the protruding tab on the actual liner.
First introduced in 2011 as part of the Titanium Series.
The packaging included a flexible all weather pouch and a DVD. The pouch features a Velcro closure, holds the knife, and up to three bits.
This was the first Wenger 85mm model to contain a stainless-steel cut file/metal saw.
- Length: 85mm
- Width: 16.6mm
- Weight: 102g - not including the bits
- 1.092.040.000 (US Model Number: 16996)
- Titanium 1 - Removes the metal file/saw and opener-layer
- Titanium 2 - Replaces the metal file/saw with a woodsaw and removes the opener-layer