The Victorinox Automobile Special is an older three-layer 91mm model featuring the Antique Auto inlay on the top scale. It is one of the few models that offers the metal saw and file in a three-layer knife.
The Automobile Special name may not be official and this model may have been named differently by distributors in different markets.
- Large blade
- Small blade
- Metal saw / file - with a nail-cleaner tip
- Can-opener - includes a small-slotted screwdriver tip that also works with Phillips screws
- Cap-lifter - includes a slotted screwdriver, wire stripper/bender and wire-scraper
Back Layer Tools
- Phillips screwdriver - round with can key
- Reamer/Awl - without the sewing eye
Red Cellidor, usually with the Antique Auto inlay on the top scale. Has also been seen without the inlay.
- With the fine screwdriver on the back - This version seems less common.
- Promotional etching on main blade.
Model 1.4642.73 and was produced between ~1974 and 1989. Earlier versions featured the square shank Phillips driver.
In 1980 the new round Phillips screwdriver was introduced and in 1984 a sewing eye was added to the reamer.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 16.6mm
- Weight: 81g
- 1.4642: Plain red Cellidor scales; no inlay
- 1.4642.73: Red Cellidor scales with the antique automobile inlay
- 1.4643.73: Red Cellidor scales with the antique automobile inlay; plus keyring
- Clipper - A corkscrew replaces the Phillips; optional keyring; no special scale inlay
- Automobile - The technician's screwdriver replaces the small pen-blade: St. Christopher inlay, or no inlay
- Hiker - A wood saw replaces metal saw / file
- Grand Prix - A later four-layer model; adds scissors; may have backside fine screwdriver