The Automobile includes the Technician's Fine Screwdriver, which is no longer available on modern SAKs. It is also one of the few models that offers the metal saw/file in a three-layer SAK. This information sheet, supplied with the Automobile, illustrates the unique tool selection.
Definitively known as the Automesser (8134ma) in German speaking countries, it is sometimes referred to as the Motorist because of its entry in this catalog, and several other official Victorinox brochures. It should not be confused with the later Motorist model.
There is a related five-layer model known as the Luxury Automobile, or Cadillac.
- Large blade
- Technician's Screwdriver
- Metal saw / File - early version without the nail cleaner
- Can-opener - includes a small-slotted screw-driver tip that also works with Phillips screws
- Cap-lifter - includes a slotted screw-driver, wire stripper/bender, and wire-scraper
Older versions have a nickel silver St. Christopher inlay on the top scale. This inlay has had two main variations and is very popular with collectors.
- Features the Antique Auto inlay on the top scale rather than the St. Christopher inlay.
- Victoria/Victorinox or Elinox tang stamps.
- May have been available with a shackle.
Early versions feature the original triangular (tetrahedron) shaped awl/reamer, that is partially recessed in the scales when closed; the square Phillips driver and a nickel silver St. Christopher inlay on the top scale.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 16.6mm
- Weight: 85g
- 8134ma: Red Cellidor with the St. Christopher Inlay - Older model number, in the original model number format
- Automobile Special - A small pen-blade replaces the Technician's Screwdriver; antique auto inlay
- Clipper - A small blade replaces the Technician's Screwdriver; a corkscrew replaces the Phillips; optional keyring; no inlay
- Luxury Automobile - Adds the scissors, wood saw, and long nail-file
- Grand Prix - A more recent four-layer model; adds the scissors; a small blade replaces the Technician's Screwdriver; may have the backside fine screwdriver; features the Antique Auto inlay on the scales