This large knife contains a somewhat unusual tool configuration, which includes two large one handed opening knife blades.
The handles (scales) are made from a new formula composite material and have a distinct color and feel. The composite was made from recycled materials and is itself recyclable.
- Large standard blade - one-handed opening
- Large serrated locking blade - one-handed opening and blunt tip
- Metal saw/file - stainless steel grind
- Pliers - needle-nosed folding pliers
- Reamer - new cylindrical design
The scales are a manufactured from a new composite material that consists partially of wood fiber, and were designed to be 100% recyclable. The scales contain the blade lock release button (with Wenger logo), and have the Mike Horn Pangaea logo imprinted. The scales also have a 1/4" hex shaped hole near the tail end which is part of the hex bit-driver incorporated into the frame and scales of the knife.
This model was introduced in December 2009, and according to Wenger, was v1.2, with early versions being tested by Mike Horn. The Mike Horn Pangaea logo represents his project to create environmental awareness and education regarding the world's natural resources, and to create an environment for discussion and actions on their preservation for future generations.
The circular reamer debuted on this model, and as a result is sometimes referred to as the Mike Horn Reamer (MHR). The short stainless-steel cut metal file/saw, and the modified sheepsfoot style one handed opening blade were also introduced with this model.
This model was retired in 2014, as it was not one of the models converted to be a Victorinox Delémont.
- Length: 130mm (nominal frame size); 127mm (scales); 130.5mm (with keyring protrusion)
- Width: 34.5mm
- Weight: 251.5g; 325.5g (with nylon case and supplied bits)
- Alinghi - Folding pliers, The Alinghi 181 also has the bit-driver
- Ranger 74 - Three layer models also with the folding pliers, but different toolset
- Rangergrip 90 - A very similar model, a saw replaces the serrated blade