The Ranger is the slimmest model to contain both the metal saw/file and the wood saw.
- Large blade
- Small blade
- Metal file with saw
- Wood saw
- Cap-lifter - includes a slotted screw-driver and wire-bender
- Can-opener - includes a small-slotted screw-driver that also works with Phillips screws
- Reamer/Awl - with a sewing-eye
- Small, slotted screwdriver - Later addition - '73
- Chisel - Later addition - '86
- Multipurpose hook - Later addition - '91
- Keyring/Split-ring attachment point
The Ranger usually has the Camping logo on the front scale.
This five layer main toolset (model 236mau) predates the introduction of model names by Victorinox - As can be seen in this catalogue page.
The later Ranger named model (mid 70s) had the original back-spring fine screwdriver - without the hump. The chisel and multipurpose hook were introduced later. The Camping logo is a metal inlay on the older models, on later models it is 'hot-stamped', and later still 'screen-printed'.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 22mm
- Weight: 117.4g
- 236mau: The old five-layer model prior to the Ranger name and additional back-tools
- 1.3763: Red Cellidor (US Model number: 53861)
- 1.3763.71: Red Cellidor scales with a metal inlay of a tent and the word 'CAMPING' on the front scale