The original version (prior to 2017) of this model was slide-locking (-see History), and according to Victorinox was one of the most popular models in the slide-lock series.
Name Disambiguation: There is also a smaller 91mm Picnicker model.
- Large Blade which is Liner-locking - See variations
- Cap-Lifter - with large screwdriver
- Can-Opener - with small flat/Phillips screwdriver
The blade in the original version was slide-locking
Awl has sewing-eye on original version
Standard red or black scratch resistant Nylon scales.
Liner-lock version, all straight-edged blade
- Red, or black scales
- The Garant is a custom model built for the German Hoffman company.
Slide-lock versions, both red scales - Now retired
- Straight-edged blade
- 3/4 serrated edged blade - which Victorinox refers to as wavy
From 2017 Victorinox only produced liner-locking 111mm models, however the liner-locking Nomad, which had an equivalent toolset to the Picnicker was removed from the catalogue, and the Picnicker remained, but as a liner-locking model. So, in practice the Nomad was renamed to become the Picnicker, and the original version of the Picnicker was retired!
Prior to 2017 both models had been available for several years.
- Length: 111mm
- Height: 31mm (max)
- Width: Liner-lock:- 16mm; Slide-lock:- 15.6mm
- Weight: Liner-lock:- 105g; Slide-lock:- 80g
- 0.8353: Liner-locking red scales
- 0.8353.3: Liner-locking black scales
- 0.8853: Slide-locking, straight edged blade; red scales
- 0.8853.W: Slide-locking, serrated/wavy edged blade; red scales (US Model Number - 53652)
- Alpineer - Plain knife blade, no cap-lifter, can-opener or reamer
- Adventurer - Plain knife blade, replaces the corkscrew with a Phillips screwdriver
- Kasemesser - A cheese-blade replaces the opener layer
- Rucksack - Adds a wood saw
- Weekender - The 91mm version of this knife