The Wenger Champ is a large 85mm 8-layer model that preceded the Tool Chest. It is very similar to the original Matterhorn model, which just replaces the nail-file with a small clip-point blade. The Wenger Setter as the same tool configuration, but features a locking main blade; The Setter was often referred to as the Pointer in North America. This model was also marketed as the Classic 28. Discontinued model. Note: this model should not be confused with the SwissChamp by Victorinox.
- Knife Blade
- Nail File with Cleaner tip
- Universal Wrench
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Metal Saw and File
- Fish Scaler
- Magnifying Glass with Screwdriver
- Cap-Lifter with Large Screwdriver and Wire Stripper
- Can Opener
- Length: 85mm (nominal)
- The Wenger Setter, also referred to as the Pointer, features a locking blade, and has a silvered hot-stamped image of an Irish Setter dog on the top scale.
Predecessor to the Tool Chest.
- 16958 Wenger NA: Setter model with imprint.
- 1.28.03 Wenger AN: red Cellidor scales
- 1.28.03.02 Wenger AN: black Cellidor scales
- 1.28.09 Wenger AN: red Cellidor scales (Classic 28)
- 1.028.009.000 Wenger AN: red Cellidor scales (Classic 28)