The Traveller Lite adds a white LED light and inline-Phillips screwdriver to the Traveller.
The original Traveller (1.3702/54591) was a an earlier model, that had the same main toolset as the Climber, before the multipurpose-hook was added, but without the keyring.
There is another model called the Traveller-Set, which, rather confusingly, is a variation of the Huntsman, which comes in a pouch and with other accessories.
- Large blade
- Small blade
- Cap-lifter / Slotted screwdriver - with wire-bender
- Can-opener / Small slotted screwdriver - that also works with Phillips screws
The Traveller Lite adds:
- Reamer/Awl - with a sewing-eye
- Multipurpose hook - with a nail-file
- Eyeglass/jewelers screwdriver
- Keyring / Split-ring attachment point
- Tweezers - Short version
- Straight pin
- Ball-point ink pen - Removable
- Digital display unit containing the:
The digital display has a back-light which is activated by pressing the logo button for about two seconds, which allows the display to be checked in the dark. The back light stays lit for about three seconds. Note: This feature is not explained in the instruction leaflet that comes with the Traveller! (XI.13/X.90204)
Translucent red Nylon scales:
One containing the digital display and a red and white Victorinox logo, that serves as a switch to control the display;
The bottom scale is the new 'digital' version that contains all the regular scale tools
Victorinox had produced several models with timer/clock capabilities such as the TimeKeeper, Voyager and TimeKeeper Alarm and also the Altimeter with meteorological functions. The barometer and timer functions of these models were amalgamated with the introduction of the current Traveller models announced in April 2006.
The original Traveller model was a predecessor to the current Climber, but did not contain the keyring or more recent hook.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 25.3mm
- Weight: 109.5g
- 1.3705.AVT: Traveller (53858)
- 1.7905.AVT: Traveller Lite (53878)
US model numbers in brackets
- Voyager and Voyager Lite - No meteorological functions in the digital display
- Altimeter - Omits the clock/alarm/timer features from the digital display - from the Traveller
- Climber/Original Traveller - Omits the Plus-scales and electronic tools in the scales - from the Traveller
- Expedition Lite - To the Traveller Lite: Adds the metal saw and wood saw; plus the fine screwdriver, and chisel backtools
- Spartan Lite - Compared to the Traveller Lite: No digital display/functions in scales and no scissors